HUMAN WISDOM vs. GOD'S WISDOM - What's the difference?
- Human wisdom appeals to your senses and emotions.
- God's wisdom always reflects God's character and perfection. -Proverbs 9:10
- Human wisdom tells you to always follow your heart.
- God's wisdom tells you that your heart can mislead you. -Jeremiah 17:9
- Human wisdom tells you that "seeing is believing."
- God's wisdom tells you to believe in what is unseen. -John 20:29
- Human wisdom tells you to love your family and friends.
- God's goes further and tells you to also love your enemies. -Matthew 5:43-47
- Human wisdom tells you there are many ways to God.
- God's wisdom tells you there is only one way to God: Jesus Christ. -Acts 4:12
- Human wisdom cannot save you.
- God only has the power to save. -1 Corinthians 1:18-25
God's truth about wisdom: God desires to give His divine wisdom to everyone who believes in Him. All other types of learning are valuable but limited unless built upon the knowledge of the God Himself. To gain God's wisdom, we must pray for it, while studying and living out God's Word. So many distractions in this world threaten to pull us away from God. We are constantly challenged by viewpoints, images, and ideals that contradict those in the Bible. It is easy to find our hearts straying from God toward ideas and belief systems that sound impressive and appealing. Believers must remain diligent and steadfast in seeking God and keeping His wisdom forefront in our minds. We may have to stand against the wisdom of the world, the advice of our well-meaning family and friends, and battle our own self-seeking desires in order to be solely led by God.
Personal application: God's wisdom gives you focus and direction when you have to choose between what looks good, what feels good, and what is good.